We are still available by phone and email only, no walk-ins, please call us for appointments!


Get Property Insurance in Alberta


Take care of your property. We can insure everything from your house to your jet ski. When you are looking to insure your property and preserve your financial situation, give us a call to speak with our experts and discuss the details of what you’re looking for.


There are numerous types and sizes of watercraft in today's world of watersports.

Regardless of the type of vessel you have, you will want to insure yourself properly.

Traditionally, boat owners have insured their boats by adding them to their existing homeowner's insurance policy. Although this method is often still used, you may want to use a marine insurance policy in order to cover yourself properly.

Depending on the value of your boat, a special marine policy can often save you money.

Certain types of vessels are not insurable on your regular home insurance policy and you should be checking with your broker in order to ensure that you are covered properly.

We have several insurance companies that specialize in marine policies that will cover your jet ski, sea-doo, motorboat, yacht or sailboat. Regardless of the type of watercraft you have, we can find insurance for you.

Condo Insurance

If you own a condo you have special insurance needs.

Condominiums can be an apartment style, townhouse style or bare land style structure.

Your apartment or townhouse condominium corporation will have an insurance policy that covers the building, property and common areas that are collectively owned by the unit owners – this is known as the Master Policy. However, this policy does not cover your belongings, improvements you make to your unit or your personal liabilities.

Note: Most bare land condominium corporations require that you insure your individual dwelling building. For further information, please give us a call.

Your condo unit owners' policy can:

  • Protect your possessions

  • Provide coverage should your condo unit become damaged

  • Protect you if you are legally responsible for injury to someone else or for damage to their property

We can guide you through the special coverages that you require as a condo owner regarding property, liability, and deductible assessments. In order to cover yourself properly, you will need to know the deductible of your corporations' master insurance policy.

Home Insurance

New owners of a house

Home Insurance is something that everyone will want and need at some point in their life. It is a very important product that protects you and your family and your way of life.

We will make the process of buying home insurance simple, speedy, and easy to understand.

Your home insurance will give you coverage for your personal belongings, your dwelling, and additional living expenses – for a broad range of perils.

In order to find out what your home insurance will cost we will need to determine the Replacement Cost of your home. We calculate this using the square footage, the year built, type of flooring, number of washrooms, and many other features that your home may have. There are also various discounts that affect the premium, so we will look into which ones you may be entitled to. Then we’ll get quotes from several insurance companies in order to find you the best coverage for the best price.

We do our absolute best at explaining your options and asking significant questions to ensure you are getting the right coverage, but we encourage you to ask as many questions as you need to in order to understand what you are purchasing. And remember, there’s no such thing as a dumb question!

After the policy is put in place, we will take care of sending a confirmation to your lawyer and your bank.

While insurance very important, we know that it is just one of the million things to remember when buying a home. We will make it as easy as possible to check off your list.

Rental Properties

Many individuals and businesses own rental properties and use them as a source of revenue as well as a real estate investment. These rental properties can range from a condominium or home to large commercial buildings rented to businesses.

Regardless of the size of your rental property business, you need to protect your assets properly.

It is important to insure your property to the full replacement cost value. We have building evaluators software to assist you in determining these values.

It’s also important for a landlord to insure their liability, rental income, and contents.

Be sure to contact one of our brokers and we will provide you with competitive quotes on all your rental properties.

Tenant Insurance

When you rent a house, condo or apartment, you have special insurance needs. While your landlord may have an insurance policy on the dwelling or apartment building, you'll need to purchase your own insurance to protect your personal belongings and liabilities.

A Tenant Policy is often referred to as Renter's Insurance. You will need to determine an approximate value of your belongings. This value should reflect the cost of replacing your belongings "new" including taxes, set-up and delivery at today's prices - with no deduction for depreciation. Don't underestimate the value of your personal effects - what would it cost to replace everything from your toothbrush to the leather couch? To get started, you can develop an inventory of your possessions room by room. To make it easier to take an inventory of your belongings, please click here for a form.

All insurance policies have special limits on certain types of property and you should talk to us about items that you may have that are limited within your policy. As well, some of your belongings such as motor vehicles, boats, ATV's and seasonal homes will probably need to be insured separately, so be sure to ask us about insuring them.

Most policies have a $500 deductible that would be applied in the event of a claim. For example, if you had a loss to your property, you would be responsible for the first $500 of that loss.

Your Tenant policy includes Personal Liability in case you are found legally responsible for bodily injury or property damage to someone else. It also includes Tenant’s Legal Liability. For example, your landlord could sue you if a candle you left unattended caused a fire that damaged your apartment.

You may be able to reduce your premium with claims-free, age or security system discounts.

Seasonal Homes and Cottages


Protect your Home away from Home.

Various types of coverage are available to insure your cottage depending on its location and the use you make of it.

If your cottage is more like a home-away-from-home, your insurance needs may go well beyond the limited coverage typically available for cottages. We have policies that provide a greater level of coverage to ensure that you've protected your investment.

You will not only want to insure the contents of your cottage, but you may want to insure outbuildings such as garden sheds, garages or boathouses - along with piers and docks. You can add coverage for boats & motors to your home policy or your cottage policy. A variety of coverages are available depending on the size and use of your boat or sea-doo. Click here for more information on boat insurance.

Liability insurance to protect yourself and your family from legal claims against you is essential for this additional location and the risks that go with it.

At Hillcrest Insurance, we can advise you on the best way to insure your second home or cottage by adding it to an existing policy or insuring it separately on a Seasonal Home Policy.

Call us and have one of our brokers give you some competitive quotes – we have several insurers that specialize in cottage insurance and we can produce a policy that is suitable for you.

Please call us for a free no obligation quote. We’ll help walk you through the process.


Request a Free Quote

We care about you and want to make sure you have the right coverage.


Get Coverage

Fill out an application for insurance online.

Copyright Hillcrest Insurance Ltd 2021 - Legal
Created by

Legal notice